Monday, March 25, 2013

First Day

25 March

Cakes were much enjoyed, (orange polenta in my opinion the best!) as was the rehearsal. Seemed to work although Peter Brook's comments about his first ever day at the RSC  resonate each time I tackle a new 'big play'. In The Empty Space he recounts making a model of the first entrance of , I think, As You Like It, the day before and then asking everyone to do it and it was a disaster because they weren't like his models. Some were tall, some short; some walked fast, others slow , which of course opened up new possibilities and he never made another model. I don't make models but the images I see in my head are still generalized and I get so excited as I prepare it thinking that I think I've cracked it. It is only when the actors come in that you realize the flaws or in this case perhaps the floors because there are several different levels, slopes and heights to consider.See the finished set:

Some staff had A4 papers this morning which were apparently passed round in the middle of Saturday night drawing links between various businessmen and our new naturalized citizen PM. It asks people to remember what happened in Zimbabwe......



No comments:

Post a Comment